13 April 2007

Evening!

Just a quick Blog to keep things ticking along on here - which basically means I’ve no real news but I’m going to post anyway!

Work has been great this week - I only had to work three days, so it was great! There has been one little bit of pleasure there this week though; three Ringed Plover have been displaying on waste ground at the rear of our site and myself and one of the salesmen have been popping out to keep an eye on them every now and again. Hey, if people can have a cigarette break, I can have a birding break!

The Derby Peregrines… The good news is that the Peregrines have laid a full clutch of four eggs! The even better news is that the “live” web-cam is now up and running! The link only went live yesterday, and there are still one or two things to sort such as a sound feed and also static images, but it is now available. You can link to the web site HERE.

A "live" image taken from the web-cam at 10:20PM tonight!


Another sign of Spring / Summer showed itself in the garden this week, my Snake's Head Fritillary bulbs came into flower again. I've had a pot full of these gorgeous little flowers for years now and they just keep on coming back each year. If I remember, I'd like to plant more of them out in the flower borders later this year.


Snake's Head Fritillary flowers.


Tomorrow, we are off to Titchwell Marsh RSPB reserve for a days birding, with the Derby RSPB group. I’ll put a “report” from the day and also some photos on here later in the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment