02 January 2009

The first weekend...

We’re less than 48 hours into 2009 but already it’s “GAME ON”!

I have two days off work, the weather is looking like being dry if somewhat cold, so I’m going to make the most of it and get out birding. By the time the sun sets on Sunday afternoon I’d like to have close to 70 species on my 2009 “10-Mile List”. It may not be the most relaxed birding I do this year but I’m hoping it will be the weekend that sees me add the largest number of new species to my list. If it all goes wrong I may just hang up my ‘bins and retire for the next 12 months!

If you happen to be in the area around the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire/Leicestershire border this weekend and see a crazy birder running around say hello, it could well be me! Just don’t expect me to spend hours chatting... I have targets to meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment