10 May 2007

Evening!

Once again, I find myself looking forward rather than enjoying now.

Today was one of those classic motor trade days, the ones that leave you wondering just why you even bothered to get out of bed! If there was one job that went according to plan today, I must have missed it! Everything that could go wrong did, everything that should have happened didn’t, every small issue turned into a major crisis! Why have I put up with this for the past 25 years?

So, looking forward…

Tomorrow night it is the Bluehorses gig at The Flowerpot - a great night in prospect there!

On Saturday, we head off to Kent for a long weekend of bird watching, food and drink.

On May 19, we are going to see The Peatbog Faeries at a gig in Kinver, West Midlands. If anyone has the faintest idea where this is, please let me know!

IF Gary finally gets around to finishing the work on the roll cage in his race car, I will be at my first autograss meeting of the year on May 20. I’m not making any firm plans just yet though!

The Bank Holiday weekend, May 26 - 28, will see us over in Newark on the Saturday for the Newark Beer Festival. Contrary to popular belief, we are NOT going for the beer; we are going solely to see The Reasoning play! I have booked us into a hotel for the night though, just in case we decide to try a small glass or two of beer.

So, that is May taken care of, now I need to start looking at how to fill June.

Oh, one little bit of good news from today - the Derby Cathedral Peregrines have at least two young in the nest. The first of the chicks hatched late last night and by lunchtime today, it was confirmed that there were two chicks in the nest. You can follow their progress and find a link to the web cam at http://derbyperegrines.blogspot.com/




1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you had such a bad day at work.

    I hope you have a great time at the Flowerpot (I'm quite certain you will).

    Enjoy your birding over the long weekend.

    Hot diggitty those babies Peregrines are cute. :o)

    Sarah X

    ReplyDelete