18 September 2007

I’m getting there…

Well, it’s been a month now since I managed to damage the muscles in my chest and side but today I feel as though I may well be on the road to recovery, at long last.

I went swimming on Sunday night and managed 60 lengths of the outdoor pool at David Lloyds without too much of a reaction from the injury, so this evening I tried a light cardio workout. All I did was a 15-minute bike ride, 10 minutes on the cross-trainer and then a 20-minute walk on the treadmill but I felt fine afterwards. Actually, fine is a bit of an overstatement… I was just about dead on my feet by the end, but at least my ribs felt okay!

If all goes well I’ll be back at the gym on Thursday and, weather permitting, I’m on the mountain bike to work tomorrow. I can’t see me doing too much of a workout just yet but I do need to at least try to get into something like a state of fitness before the British Heart Foundation walk. Sponsorship details for that will be up on here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment