14 May 2006

Nothing much going on...

It may just be that this is the "quiet before the storm", but there isn't much going on right now.

Thursday we were at the gym again - not a great workout but a lot better than the past few weeks!

Friday I went off birding again after work - didn't see much but did manage one new Derbyshire year tick, an Egyptian Goose.

Saturday morning I was at work. Nothing much going on so I spent most of the morning cleaning the fish tank there! In the afternoon, Lynda and I went off in search of plants for the border in the back garden that we have cleared. We came back with a climbing rose and a bamboo, plus another tray of bedding plants.

Today I had another morning out birding! Only had a few hours out local to home but did manage another five Derbyshire year ticks. This must be the busiest Spring I've had in years for local birdwatching! Still, all the extra hours out "in the field" are paying off as my County List is fast approaching the 130 species mark.

Main tasks for the coming week...

1. Sort out July trip to Scotland, so that we can see Albannach and Clann an Drumma!

2. Get all the plants we have bought in the past week or so planted!

3. Get to the gym more!

4. Pray for a dry week, so that next Sunday I may get to go racing with Gary!

5. Do more birding!

6. Get my bird lists up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment