03 April 2008

Biking again...

I woke up this morning with the full use of both legs so it was out with the bike again and another traffic free journey into work.

The ride along the river path was pleasant enough but it was a little short of bird life. One or two Chiffchaff were calling, a couple of Great Crested Grebe drifted slowly down river and the Canada Geese were being as noisy as usual in Alvaston Park. Other than that, I didn’t see much else.

On the ride home this evening Chiffchaff were more noticeable than yesterday with nine birds singing, almost double the number I came across on the same ride last night. No doubt more and more of these warblers, and other species, will appear over the coming days as the spring migration continues.

Tomorrow I’ll be back on the bike once again and looking to add species number 85 to my “10-Mile List”. All I need is for a Willow Warbler, or Blackcap, to arrive overnight, or for a Swallow to fly along the river! Then again, maybe number 85 will have to wait just a little while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment