31 January 2008

It's not that often that I find myself Blogging during the week but here we go, again...

The weather, and light, had me starting to think that Spring was just a little closer than it actually is for a few days this week. It didn't last!

For three days I rode to and from work on the bike; the mornings were light enough for me to see, and be seen, without using lights, the birds were singing their hearts out at first light each day and I even heard two Great Spotted Woodpeckers "drumming" yesterday morning. The ride home in an evening was also rather pleasant, even if it is still dark when I leave work.

Today saw things turned on their head somewhat. The rain was pouring down, the wind was blowing a gale - literally - and the temperature had taken a dive again. Add to that the very heavy cloud, that meant it was much darker on the way to work, and the Winter Blues had certainly returned. I chose the cowards way out and left the bike at home! Tonight, and tomorrow, we may be in for a few scattered snow showers. Depending on how Friday dawns I may give the bike another outing - maybe!

Tomorrow evening Lynda and I are going to see The Battlefield Band play at the Derby Assembly Rooms. This is the first time I will have seen this band, and they will certainly be something different from the bands I've seen so far this year, but I've read some very good reviews about them and I'm looking forward to what should be a great evening. I'll report back over the weekend!

One last little snippet... Derby came to a standstill today for a "bomb alert"! In the end, everything turned out to be okay but it did close parts of the city off for much of the day.

BBC News report on the bomb scare.

No comments:

Post a Comment