03 February 2006

Casserole, birds and Super Bowl!

Friday! At last! I'm so glad that I'm almost done with this week! Just a few hours at work in the morning, then I'm off until Tuesday! Yes, it has been one of those weeks.

Still, no time for looking back, it’s the weekend! And it’s started rather well. Tonight Lynda let me loose in the kitchen on my own! How brave was that then? Not just of Lynda but also me! That is one dangerous place! As you may guess, I do not do much cooking apart from my own cooked breakfast 3 or 4 times a week.

This evening’s little adventure is all down to Donna, one of the Albannach forum users, over in America. A short while ago she posted a recipe on the forum for Breakfast Casserole and I liked the idea of trying it. Tonight I made some, all on my own! It’s gorgeous!!!!

Sausage meat, eggs, cream and cheese = Breakfast Casserole!

So, what about the rest of the weekend? After work tomorrow, I hope to go in search of a Great Grey Shrike, that has been in South Derbyshire for a few weeks, and then Short-eared Owls later in the afternoon. Both the shrike and the owls have been showing well but the weather may not be too good tomorrow so I’m not over confident of a result just yet.

In the evening, we are going around to see some friends, Paul and Ali, so that I can help them set up their own Blog. I just hope I can remember how I started this off!

Sunday will depend on the weather. I’d like to have another morning out bird watching but if the weather is anything like the past 4 or 5 days then I may just stay home and relax.

Sunday night is the American Football Super Bowl so I’ll be staying up to watch that. The coverage doesn’t start on TV until around 11:00PM here so I’ll not be getting to bed before at least 3:00AM on Monday, which is why I’m off work!

No comments:

Post a Comment