12 February 2006

THE RENAULT'S GONE

The Renaults gone with a bent front end,
A man from Derby was willing to mend,
He paid five fifty of his hard-earned cash,
Then towed away the crumpled smash.

I stood there with money in hand,
Feeling quite sick cos I still owed 2 grand,
I started to search every magazine,
To find a new car to fulfill my dreams.

There it was in black and white,
One careful owner and the price was right,
I'd found a man who was trying to sell,
His Austin Allegro 1.3 HL.

When I told Tracey about my find,
She said I must be out of my mind,
If I bought that from me she'd walk,
Was she serious? Or was it just talk?

I picked up the phone and started to ring,
But her love for me meant more than anything,
So it wasn't the Allegro that I rang,
But for something just as grand.

YELLOW IN COLOUR AND NO FINESSE,
A 1.7 AUSTIN PRINCESS!


I was given the above by someone I used to work with a couple of years ago - not sure if he wrote it (I think he did!) but I've always found it rather good; must be my motor-trade sense of humour!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment