08 January 2007

The sun came up...

Some mornings I just do not feel like work (OK, most mornings I do not feel like work!) and this morning was one of them!

The alarm went off at 6:45AM, as it always does, but I couldn't drag myself out of bed until almost 7:30AM! Then, it was the usual mad rush to get everything ready for my bike ride into work. The weather this morning was dry and there was only a small amount of cloud cover - at least something was good about Monday morning!

As I left the house I could see that the sun was coming up and that we were in for a colourful sunrise. By the time I got to the edge of Pride Park the sky was ablaze - pity I didn’t have my camera with me. Even more of a pity that I had to go into work!

A quick glance at my watch showed that I had a few minutes to kill, so I took the slightly longer route via Alvaston Park, any excuse to arrive at work at the last moment. As I stood looking at the sunrise over the lake, I remembered the camera on my phone. A couple of quick snapshots, one last look at the day that was just starting, and I headed off for work.

It may be just another small city park but that little bit of nature sure did help me through the day!

Alvaston Park Lake - phone picture!

Alvaston Park Lake - phone picture!

River Derwent, Alvaston - phone picture!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Rich. Those are beautiful pictures. Even with a camera phone you take good shots. What a nice way to start the day! Your lake is bigger than ours.



    Sarah XX

    ReplyDelete