04 February 2007

It's all going good...

So far, so good! The weekend is panning out exactly as planned!

Derby County won yet again yesterday, a 1-0 victory over Southampton. Derby are now 6 points clear at the top of the table, although they have played two games more than fourth place Birmingham City, who are on 54 points.

England took Scotland apart in the 6 Nations Rugby yesterday afternoon, winning 42-20. Star of the game had to be the returning Johnny Wilkinson. In his first England game since 2003 - when he scored that last gasp drop goal to win the World Cup - Wilkinson scored 27 of England’s 42 points. He even managed a rather contentious “flying try” that many think should not have been awarded!

Today, Lynda and I met up with my mum and dad for lunch. We went over to The Boar’s Head Hotel at Sudbury. This was the first time Lynda and I had been there but it is a regular haunt of my parents - they have been going there for Christmas Day dinner for a few years now. I think we will be going back! The food was gorgeous - especially my Venison and Partridge Casserole! Oh, and there can’t be too many restaurants in Derbyshire that had six rather nice Corvette Stingrays in the car park today!

So, that just leaves tonight. After I post this, I will be shutting the PC down for a while and going in search of TV food. Tonight, it’s the American Football Super Bowl! Kick off is at 11:25PM UK time so it looks like it will be a very late night for me, or should that be an early morning? One way or an other I can’t see me doing too much at work tomorrow! The coffee machine may well be in for a hard time in the morning - “I’ll have a 76 please - Cappuccino with no extra sugar!

One last little thing. Would anyone care to sponsor me to £10’000? The novelty of the new TV and DVD is starting to wear a little thin and I’ve found a new “toy” that I’d like please! And it's road legal!

No comments:

Post a Comment