20 February 2007

Yesterday was Lynda’s birthday, I’d have loved to have been able to take the day off work so that we could have spent the day out and about somewhere but staff levels at work dictated otherwise - the boss booked time off before I could! Strange how he only told me he was going to be off work after I asked for the day off!

We did go out for a meal last night though, we went over to The Boar's Head at Sudbury again. I’m starting to rather like the place after these first two visits. The food has been superb on both occasions and the service excellent.

We started the evening with drinks in the lounge before moving through to the restaurant to eat. Lynda had melon and oranges in Cointreau to start, followed by venison with mushrooms and onion in a Port and wild berry sauce. I chose roast tomato and basil soup, again followed by the venison.

For the sweets, Lynda had crystallised pineapple with a ginger and chilli dressing - it sounded like a strange combination to me, but Lynda said that it was very nice! - whilst I chose lattice pancakes with mixed summer berries and ice cream.

We finished with coffees, served back in the lounge area, and then, before we left, we spent a while chatting with the owner about my family history! It certainly is a small world - he knew more about many of my relations than I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment